Half of Americans unaware of Obamacare penalty

Tax Day is less than a month away, but many Americans are unaware Obamacare's tax penalty goes into effect this year — or that they have extra time to sign up for coverage.

A Kaiser Family Foundation poll released Thursday found that while slightly more than half of respondents were aware the penalty kicks in this year, one in five think it goes into effect next year, roughly one in six say they don't know when it goes into effect, and one in 10 believe it was rolled out last year.

If people are penalized, it's because they lacked health coverage last year and didn't qualify for an exemption from the healthcare law's requirement to buy insurance. Even if they buy coverage this year, that wouldn't erase the penalty they'd have to pay for lacking coverage last year.

The Obama administration is still providing them with an extra signup period that started on Sunday and lasts until April 15. But officials have acknowledged there are challenges in getting that key demographic to sign up.

read more:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/half-of-americans-unaware-of-obam...

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dumbass libtard/sheeples!  Almost as stupid as "lets pass the bill first, and then we can read what is in it" peebrainlosi!

Such IGNORNCE is why Obama was elected in 2008!  IGNORANCE MARRIED TO STUPIDITY is why he was re-elected in 2012!

I agree with you

Oh we sre aware believe me my grown kids are paying the price everyday from the illegals to the government home loans they offered at a ridiculously high interest rate. We are dtill americans we deserve better.his due is coming .even our blavk friends are disgusted with the bunch of them

It kind of gives you a good cozy feeling  when the government demands you have to buy something and if you don't like it, then they are  going to fine you until you do like it.

They have gone beyond just sleazebag politicians, now it's come to downright thievery.

Suck it up libtards, here comes your free insurance. What? you didn't get your free car yet?

Let us not forget their "free" phone!

And.... what are they going to do... put everyone in FEMA camps for not signing up? So be it... then they can house and feed us for the rest of our days. :-)

Fear is what they use to force people to comply. They need a taste of fear themselves when a few hundred thousand storm the government offices armed to the teeth with blood in their eyes!

The majority of the unlearned are the young Obummer voters and with their unemployment rate, guess who owns them? Does anyone remember Ted "the lion of the senate" Kennedy's Serve America Act and the little line of law that had to be removed to get it passed? The IRS will demand their money, the only thing I can say is pay back is a bitch and I mean no humor in it at all.

Tax the hell out of them. It is the only way you can get their attention.

Pass the Salt and "PREPPER", please!

Two very necessary needs. 

Hey, half of Americans don't know about Obama's devastating attack on America and the American way of life.  They are still snoozing in a carefree slumber as their country is ground down and destroyed by the Kenyan fraud.  I know......because they are all around me, including some in my own family.  It truly blows your mind!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by Mike Lester

ALERT ALERT

Democrat Disaster! 53% Of Black Voters, 60% Of Other Minorities Say Liberal Media Trying To Help Democrats Impeach Trump

Thanks to President Donald Trump ALL Americans now know the mainstream fake-news media is an extension of the Democrat Party.

In a recent poll a majority of black voters and minority voters say the media is trying to help Democrats impeach President Trump.

And half of FOX News too, by the way.

CNS News reported:

Both black voters and other minority voters are more convinced than white voters that most reporters are trying to help impeach President Donald Trump, rather than report the news fairly – with a majority of each of the three groups holding that view – a new Rasmussen Reports survey reveals.

In the national voter survey, conducted November 12-13, 53% of all voters said most reporters are trying to help impeach Trump:

“When they write or talk about the impeachment effort, are most reporters trying to help impeach President Trump or block his impeachment? Or are most reporters simply interested in reporting the news in an unbiased manner?”:

“Help impeach President Trump”: 53%
“Block his impeachment”: 8%
Report “news in an unbiased an unbiased manner”: 32%

But, 53% of black voters and 60% of other minorities, compared to 51% of whites, said reporters are trying to get Trump rather than report the news fairly.

Tucker: 'Star' witnesses couldn't point to any high-crimes

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service