Are YOU Ready for Gay Marriages? Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg says you are!

Americans are prepared to accept a U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said, pointing to what she described as a sweeping change in attitudes toward gays.

In an interview Wednesday in the court’s oak-paneled east conference room, Ginsburg also said President Barack Obama’s health-care law, which is under attack in a case before the Supreme Court next month, will be a central part of his legacy.

The 81-year-old justice discussed the public’s increasing acceptance of gays against the backdrop of resistance by Alabama officials to a federal court order that took effect Monday and made it the 37th gay-marriage state. With the high court set to rule on the issue by June, she said it “would not take a large adjustment” for Americans should the justices say that gay marriage is a constitutional right.

“The change in people’s attitudes on that issue has been enormous,” Ginsburg said. “In recent years, people have said, ‘This is the way I am.’ And others looked around, and we discovered it’s our next-door neighbor -- we’re very fond of them. Or it’s our child’s best friend, or even our child. I think that as more and more people came out and said that ‘this is who I am,’ the rest of us recognized that they are one of us.”

The number of gay-marriage states has soared in recent years, largely because of court rulings. Only 12 states permitted such unions in June 2013, when the Supreme Court threw out part of a law that denied federal benefits to legally married same-sex couples. The majority’s reasoning in that case prompted lower courts to strike down bans on gay marriage.

Ginsburg joined the majority in that case. Later that year, she became the first Supreme Court justice to officiate at a same-sex wedding, in Washington.

read more here: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-12/ginsburg-says-u-s...

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will not accept this illegal decision since it is the State that issues marriage licenses and it has nothing to do with Feds! If the perverts want to get married, go to a State where STATE LAW accepts it! 

Americans should see all of this anti-freedom corruption for what it is! It supports Fed decrees over State decisions, which have always been State decisions! It makes those wanting to come against these decisions on a National level.. treason supporters with giant effects against our citizens rights!

So what is the hold-up on forming the true United States of America....minus the Washington D.C.Machine? Any rulings handed down in D.C. has no effect on the 50 states if the 50 states band together and make federal decisions null and void in all 50 states.

This country was not created to be bullied by liberal agenda dictating how we live. Let the 50 states govern themselves with freedom from Washington Tyranny and make Washington D.C. a sanctuary for the liberal agenda...a boundary where liberals cannot cross into the 50 United States of America.

I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK! SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN TO ME!

NO , I AM NOT READY FOR SODOM AND GOMORRAH , AND NEVER WILL BE . MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THEM ALL, ICLUDING CLUELESS RUTH .

It is extreemly simple,  When and only when two males,
or two  females can copulate, and naturally conceive a
child,  then I will support gay marriage. and then only
between that couple,  not as a genaral thing.
This family could clare less what the feelings of a bunch
of clowns in black robes thinks is right or wrong.  The
thought of gay mariage between males on males, or
females on females is against everything we believe in
and our christian faith,  but if thats what they want, what
they do in private in their bedroom is their business,
and we don';t care to know about it.
Sooner or later,  they will answer to a higher calling, and
it is up to our creator if gay marriage is accepted,
NOT MAN,  Nor JUDGES.

This woman has two options: recuse herself of this case or resign. She has already decided how she will vote; and that does not make her fit to be on the bench.

I think her brain has already "resigned"...

I am so tired of hearing this issue hashed over constantly! Marriage is defined by the BIBLE (1 Man & 1 Woman!) and is a RELIGIOUS ceremony. Why then must ALL unions be called MARRIAGE? If a civil union affords all the same legal rights as a marriage, then what the HELL are we quibbling over words for??? If you are gay and want to be together then have a Civil Union and stop accosting Religions!

Well....we might want to hold on that til the day after Obama is out of the WH.  Whoever he'll replace her with will probably be even worse.  For example: Holder.....and now Lynch???

A lot of people can care less if a person is gay. Does that mean they condone it? No, not really, it just means they care less. Yet when gays attack people whom are Christians just for revenge because biblically man and man is an abomination just like man and child, or man and animal are an abomination unto the Lord and has been the cornerstone against the gay lifestyle, thats when people really start to care and are dead set against it. Whom other than a liberal would support anything that takes our constitutional rights away.

The real problem with gay rights is since when is a group given special rights because of their sexual preference? The gay community loves to site many studies that they are born that way yet the studies have been done by gays, so of course the results are in favor of the gays being born that way yet any Christian knows they was not born that way but instead chose to be that way for our Heavenly Father would not allow them to be born that way when he calls their lifestyle to be an abomination.

And allowing gays to have rights based on their sexual preference opens a whole new can of worms. The boy/man pedophile group are now claiming they deserve special rights because they was "born that way". Thats right, pedophiles can be allowed to practice their vile deeds since the gay community has already paved the way for them to claim "rights".

It wasnt that long ago that most of the states voted on if they would accept gay marriages and the results was resoundingly against it. Most peoples opinion on the mater has not changed yet the gay community and the gay supporters claims that everyone now accepts them....I say thats BS.

The liberal-progressive-marxist-islam-degenerates, like anthony the wiener  and billy the rapist clinton and Barak the Oval Office BUFFON have won. Now we the people have to speak out loudly everyday. Our real hidden enemy the Republican weasels who simply do not care to stop the transformation of America they are fat and happy and screw you Conservatives. 3 Muslims shot and killed terrorism? maybe, but with all do respect to the family maybe now you can fell the pain of the families who have kids raped and murdered every single day by Muslims. I also never want to hear the words Moderate Muslims.

What makes them Moderate Muslims- Is that we are FOOLS.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Al Goodwyn

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

ALERT ALERT

SICK: New Jersey Awarded $3.8 Million In Financial Aid To Illegal Aliens

A local news report revealed that the state of New Jersey awarded $3.8 million in financial aid to illegal immigrants during the 2018-2019 school year.

According to a report from NJ.com, the state of New Jersey gave $3.8 million in financial aid to 749 illegal immigrant students in the last academic year. More than a quarter of the funding went to 328 illegal immigrants that attend Rutgers University.

New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed a law last year that allowed illegal immigrants to apply for financial aid. Prior to the signing, illegal immigrants were permitted to apply to pay in-state tuition at public universities but they were not eligible for financial aid.

Murphy, who supports the spending, hit back at Republican critics by arguing that giving financial aid to illegal immigrants is compatible with American values.

“I’d even invite any of those folks who have that attitude, beginning with our president, to come on into this room and allow me or any of us to say, ‘This is the United States of America,’” Murphy said at the time.

David J. Socolow, executive director of the state’s Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, defended the state’s decision to offer financial aid to illegal immigrants.

“This financial assistance offers these New Jersey students a life-changing opportunity,” Socolow said in a brief comment.“The successes of these first 513 students, who are now attending county colleges, state colleges and universities, and independent institutions around the state, will have a positive impact on countless additional lives.”

According to the report, there is currently no limit on the amount of illegal immigrant students that are permitted to receive financial aid from the state of New Jersey. State lawmakers forecast that they will spend approximately $5 million on financial aid for illegal immigrants each year.

Video: Flashback: NJ Governor signs bill allowing free tuition for illegal immigrants

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service