Say What? Michael Brown's mother to Speak in Geneva to the United Nations

The last time we heard from Leslie McSpadden she was brawling in the street with Michael Brown’s grandmother over the rights to T-shirt sales.
The brawl was captured by surveillance cameras.

Now she’s going to speak to the United Nations in Geneva on police brutality.

McSpadden is taking her son’s case to the UN.
VICE News reported:

Lesley McSpadden, the mother of the 18-year-old boy whose death at the hands of a Ferguson police officer in August sparked weeks of protests, is going to Geneva, Switzerland next month to speak about her son and other victims of police brutality in front of the United Nations.

Mike Brown’s killing is still under investigation by federal officials, while a local grand jury tasked with deciding whether to charge officer Darren Wilson for his death is supposed to make an announcement any day — with few in Ferguson believing that an indictment is.

But with little faith in the justice her son will receive, McSpadden, accompanied by one of the family’s lawyers and a handful of local activists and human rights advocates, is taking her son’s case — and that of other victims of racial profiling and police violence — straight to the UN Committee Against Torture, the body tasked with preventing torture and cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment and punishment around the world.

The trip — which was recently made public by organizers and promoted under the tagline “Ferguson to Geneva” — is meant to make a case, to as wide an audience as possible, that both Brown’s killing and the militarized police response to protesters demanding justice for him, are a matter of human rights.

The group is still hoping to raise $11,000 for the trip.

Leslie McSpadden attended Al Sharpton’s speech this morning in St. Louis.
Sharpton called for the arrest of Officer Darren Wilson.

see more here: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/10/oh-good-grief-leslie-mcspad...

Views: 1301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm expecting those in Geneva not connected to personal gain re this issue are going to be left with a bad taste in their mouth...  not that it isn't tragic that the young man was killed, even though evidence shows he had attacked the officer, but that a political party - the Democrats who control Washington DC and all of the "civil rights" organizations in the United States - see this as a bigger issue than worse things that are happening to others all over the world.  Even the subsequent protests and destruction were caused with the taunting of untruthful statements by those organizers/Democratic leaders who wanted to make their own political statement on the face of this issue.  I still feel bad for his mother.  My prayers.  But:  in retrospect, I don't think this will cause anyone anything other than further anger; hopefully not further violent protests (though many were peaceful, the "implants" and many just plain out trouble makers locally, were not peaceful - and, in fact, were downright violent.  I hope I'm wrong... but Geneva? 

Sharpton and his insane racism are very troubling...  if he causes more people to blow up without truth behind him/his rants, God only knows who else will be hurt - and then what?  Blaming their pain on others too? 

There is no future in being a Thug most,of our black kid's see nothing other then the thugs gangster with little or no family to help guide them, so what do you expect ? these kids are left alone most of the time, the so called Black leaders do nothing but sell there votes to the Left Wing Progressive Democrats and the only time they care about the kid's that are Killed in violence acts across America is when they can make a cheap political point or they see a way to make some $$$ off them.

Wake up Black America you have been put back in Slavery by the very people that told you for the last fifty years that they where going to make life better for you and your family when reality they have almost destroyed the family unite in Black America think back when Black family's  had a mother and a father, 76% of Black baby's are born out of wedlock, more Black baby's are " Aborted " then given life in New York City 

The officer who shot Brown needs to file criminal and civil charges against Sharpton's media outlet (MSNBC???) for violating Amendments 4, 5, and 14. The media that employs him is a corporate entity created by and controlled by government... a government that can not convey powers it does not possess or negate Constitutional restraints upon it!

Weasels aren't an endangered protected species. Sharpton deserves a civil jury suit with unlimited punitive damages determined by jury

Agreed. Sharpton also needs to be sued by the IRS for not paying his taxes.

Honestly, I think that Officer Wilson should also file Civil charges against the entire Brown family for endangering his life repeatedly and for constantly inciting public opinion and civil disobedience against him and the Ferguson Police Dept.

Obama and Holder should not be left out as defendants in these cases of encouraging and supporting homegrown terrorism.

Follow the MONEY --- see where the funds are coming from that are supporting the protesters and the Brown family and their band of race baiting criminals.   

Anne:   I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!!

Officer Wilson also needs to sue MSNBC for "advertising and promoting" his "home" address, thereby putting the lives of his wife and children in greater danger!

That's MSLSD.

I found a video that explains how automatically voting for Democrats in the past has been unsuccessful and unsatisfying for Blacks:

http://www.catholic.org/news/politics/story.php?id=57454 

The Demoncrats have done the same thing the Kennedys did in 1963! They have sent "civil rights" people to Missouri to cause as much damage to this Country as they can! Obama, Sharpton or Holder has PAID these demonstrators to act out here!  It is time for Blacks to "cut bait or quit", if they are to be Americans! They should have enough sense to see they are being PLAYED and used to propagate HATE and divisiveness in USA! 

Ebola Obama/Hairball Reid and the communists are doing this to keep racism stirred up! When is the Congress going to put a stop to this crap? CIVIL RIGHTS is a faux excuse for this this faction to perpetuate hatred! Obama and his evil doers are using every one of these unfortunate events to stir up hate and racism! Every time a young Black man is killed the media whores are right on the spot! Many of these incidents are over played by Sharpton, Jackson, Holder and Obama! These people and the parents just want PUBLICITY!

Why don't these people see that they are being PLAYED like a fiddle!

TOO Many of you "demonstrators" know what is going on but you lie and continue to spew hate!

I wonder if she is going to explain what a worthless black thug her son was.  The video of him robbing a store and strong arming the clerk should be played during her appearance.  The truth should be known.  Who knows how many innocent people Michael Brown might have killed had he lived?  The planet is a much safer place since the worthless black thug Michael Brown was killed.  I mean they kill rabid dogs don't they?

Or killed already...

...That he was never found guilty of killing a human being in court does not necessarily mean that he didn't.

I, for one, am glad he's gone; he was just going to cause a lot of wear and tear on the justice system for the rest of his life, anyway.

Burn in hell, "Gentle Giant"!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

Political Cartoons by Lisa BensonPolitical Cartoons by Steve Breen

ALERT ALERT

YUP: President Trump Signs Great And Beautiful Trump Border Wall During Tour In San Diego

Embedded video

President Donald Trump visited the San Diego border on Wednesday to show off a newly constructed portion of the wall after a fundraising trip in California.

“It’s an amazing project,” Trump said, pointing to the 30-foot high barrier constructed with steel and concrete, noting that it also went six feet underground.

“If you think you’re going to cut it with a blow torch, that doesn’t work, because you hit the concrete, and then if you think you’re going to go through the concrete, that doesn’t work because we have very powerful rebar inside,” Trump said.

The president traveled via motorcade after a fundraiser to Otay Mesa, a community outside San Diego on the United States -Mexico border to review the latest constructed physical barrier.

He pointed out the new wall structure to the press, which was 24 miles of primary and secondary wall at the border.

“We have it covered underground, we have it covered overground,” Trump said.

The president was joined by acting Department of Homeland security Kevin McAllen and several other border security officials.

He said that over 44,000 bollard panels had been set up for the wall, which was then filled with concrete and rebar.

Trump admitted that he envisioned a solid concrete wall when he campaigned for president, but he was told by border officials that they preferred a wall constructed by concrete-filled bollards so they could see through it.

“It’s hardened concrete, very powerful concrete,” Trump said, pointing to the structure.

He added that the steel wall was designed to retain heat, making it harder to climb, plus having an anti-climbing system at the top.

“You can fry an egg on that wall,” he said. The president also acknowledged to reporters that he wanted the wall to be painted black and have spikes but said it was cheaper to let it remain naturally rust-colored.

“We can paint it later,” he said.

The president discussed his growing understanding of border barriers, noting that the Southern border would not need much more than 500 miles of wall to secure the border. He cited the existence of natural mountain and river barriers that prevented criminals from crossing. He did not rule out building additional barriers in the future but said it would depend on whether it was needed.

One border patrol agent spoke about the importance of the border wall to all of the agents, thanking the president for pushing forward on construction.

Trump said he met with Border Patrol prior to constructing the wall, picking the most effective structures to protect the border.

One border security official scoffed at the idea that the wall was a “vanity” project for the president.

“There’s a false narrative out there that this wall is the president’s vanity wall,” he said. “I’m here to tell you right now that that is false.”

He thanked Trump for listening to border patrol agents during the planning and construction process.

“You listened to the agents and you gave them exactly what they asked for,” he said.

One official with Trump confirmed that the structure was funded with regular Congressional appropriations in the FY 2017 and FY 2018 and that that the new wall replaced an inferior structure.

Trump said that he still considered the situation on the border a national emergency, but as more wall went up he could withdraw military forces.

“I hope you’re impressed,” he told reporters as he took questions about the project.

One worker told Trump of a tradition of workers signing the wall if they worked on the wall.

“I’ll sign it,” Trump said, and went to the wall and signed the steel barrier with a marker before encouraging other officials present to do the same.

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service