A cheerleader for the Russian Revolution in the early 20th century and a leader in the labor movement during the Depression; hounded during the McCarthy era and orphaned after the fall of the Soviet Union, the Communist Party USA on Friday returned to Chicago, the city of its birth.

Given the movement's history, some might wonder why anyone would want to be a communist.

But the more than 300 adherents who came to celebrate the party's 95th anniversary at the University of Illinois at Chicago see it the other way around: Who wouldn't want to be a member?

Among them was Susan Gosman, who on the opening day of the convention stood in front of sign-in sheets divided by decades. Delegates were asked to mark the one during which they were radicalized. "For me, it would be 1944," she said. "The year I was born."

POLL: Obama and the Democrats only enforce the laws that they agree with: Should any public official that does not uphold the laws of the land be removed from office and arrested?

Gosman is a "red-diaper baby," as a communist born to communist parents is known. Her father took part in the 1930s sit-down strikes in automobile plants that won autoworkers a union. But it also got him in trouble during the 1950s. That meant tough times when she was growing up, and her parents cautioned her about the perils of following their political path.

Yet a year and a half ago, she joined the Communist Party.

"I finally realized, I didn't believe in the other side," said Gosman, a retired employee of the Los Angeles school system.

The Chicago convention will feature three days of speeches, panel discussions and workshops. One session will be devoted to catching up with an online era.

Communists, like other radicals, traditionally recruit by hawking the party's paper on street corners. But financial constraints have forced the People's World to abandon its print edition. So one question up for discussion is how can peoplesworld.org put the party in touch with low-paid workers, environmentalists and advocates for social justice?

read more:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-communist-party-convent...

Tags: baby, chicago, communists, income, justice, obama, party, politics, radicals, red-diaper, More…redistribution, social

Views: 837

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought Chicago was the world headquarters for the communist party.

No kidding, Mr. Elliott.......where else would they have this in the USA but Chicago??? And surely ovomit was in attendance.

Commies, commies, commies, what is the world coming to? Muslims.

I used to end my briefings for military operations with "KILL A COMMIE FOR MOMMIE."

That can still be said today, even more so!

obama's ol' stomping grounds, figures

Nothing really wrong with these guys and their beliefs...but it is that "tyranny, poverty and death" part that I have a problem with. Chicago welcomed these people with open arms I think.

One thing about Obama's team...they do know their history and they are very fond of color schemes. Thanks for posting the article and pic to remind us. 

Nothing wrong with the commies and their beliefs? Watch this investigative documentary and you will be changing your tune very quickly. 90% in the democrat party are infiltrated communists.

http://vimeo.com/63749370 

AND THEY ARE EVIL, JUST AS DESCRIBED.

I wish some people would throw bombs into the commie crowd...no more communist! It's easier to delete them when they're all in one place.

Pass this and end that entire process. . The States will have the power again.

http://articlevprojecttorestoreliberty.com/the-28th-amendment.html

Thanks for the link Mangus

RSS

TEA PARTY SUPPORT

TEA PARTY REPORT - 10/30/14

TEA PARTY FACEBOOK

© 2014   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service