8000 Illegal Aliens Get In-State Tuition Break in Virginia

Virginia attorney general declares ‘dreamers’ eligible for in-state tuition

Screen Shot 2014-04-30 at 1.08.46 PM

Virginia Attorney General Mark R. Herring thrust himself and his state back into the national spotlight Tuesday by announcing that some illegal immigrants who were brought to this country as children can qualify for in-state college tuition under existing law.

Herring made the announcement at Northern Virginia Community College’s Alexandria campus just a few months after the legislature declined to enact the idea and on the heels of another brazen legal move in January, when he declared that the state’s ban on gay marriage was unconstitutional.

Poll: Should the current immigration laws be enforced before Congress begins to consider any immigration reform?

“We should welcome these smart, talented, hard-working young people into our economy and society rather than putting a stop sign at the end of 12th grade,” Herring (D) said Tuesday to sustained applause and cheers from a room full of Latino students, immigration activists and education officials.

Announced in Spanish, Hindi, Vietnamese and Korean in addition to English, Herring’s move built upon President Obama’s decision to allow thousands of young illegal immigrants to remain in the country. Virginia students who are lawfully present in the United States as a result of Obama’s effort, which is known as the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, qualify for in-state tuition as long as they meet the state’s residency requirements, Herring said.

Herring’s decision was far more than symbolic, instantly making college more affordable for more than 8,000 young illegal immigrants. The attorney general said state universities will immediately implement the policy, which comes just in time for high school seniors trying to make college plans for the fall.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/virginia-atto...

Tags: Amnesty, Attorney, College, General, Herring, Mark, Tuition, Universities, Virginia

Views: 436

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where do these illegals get the money?

apparently from liberals that love to stir up trouble for the nation. When natural born Americans can not find employment, why then do they want to come here other than for obamas hand outs, Come on south of the border friends, Obama squeals at them, come on over for I will give you a living, no skin off his nose!  

A break on in-state tuition???? Jeez, they are not only not in state, they aren't even in country!

YOUR WALLET!

they get the money from the tax payers...

...it's called Obama money - it goes with  da Obama phone. I got to gets me one! Can you feel me!

Why don't these people screaming amnesty try coming here through legal channels instead of becoming criminals and begging for amnesty, arrest and deport each and every one of these law breakers, don't reward them with amnesty.

The outcry should be, STOP ALL IMMIGRATION, IMMEDIATELY!!

They already taught them to use the word "RACIST". Here are 2 more words they can learn "GO HOME"

We the People need to find out if Federal money, in any amount, is being funneled to Virginia and if so, a law suit should be drawn up against this being done.  I don't know if aiding and abetting a criminal could be a charge, but I DON'T want my tax money going to Illegal Aliens, unless it is being used to DEPORT THEM!!!!!

30 million was just handed to la raza. That is a militant. When did the US start allowing militants to run rampant?

La Raza???   So many people do not even know what Benghazi is !!!!!!!!   It is sad because there is such a small amount of people doing the heavy lifting  -- they never should have eliminated the draft !  Look at our youth -- they are liberal morons!

RSS

TEA PARTY SUPPORT

TEA PARTY FACEBOOK

© 2014   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service