Arms Trade Treaty: Congress Warns White House on Backdoor Implementation

As we have explained, the ATT is a severely flawed treaty that will not make the world’s bad and incompetent governments behave any better. It will be used primarily to criticize the U.S. and to impede our ability to sell arms to allies such as Israel and Taiwan.

Senator Moran has long headed the opposition to the ATT in the Senate. Last fall, he led 50 of his Senate colleagues in a bipartisan letter to President Obama pledging to oppose ratification of the ATT.

Yesterday, Moran noted that, almost six months later, he has not received the courtesy of a reply to that letter. He summarized Senate and House actions that make it clear that they oppose the implementation of the treaty until it passes through the full ratification process.

Most significantly, Moran expressed grave concern at the Administration’s new conventional arms export control policy, which has been interpreted by some as a covert attempt to implement the treaty, urged the President to withdraw his signature from it, and pledged to continue to lead the opposition against it.

http://blog.heritage.org/2014/04/03/arms-trade-treaty-congress-warn...

Views: 701

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Obama believes in UN sovereignty over the world. He doesn't believe in the Constitution

Well Senator Moran, Obama sent strong messages to Putin! And to Syria, and to Iran. Have you ever heard of the middle finger? Maybe Obama will send you a strong message back, " I got a pen and I got a phone "!

Obam thinks he is the 1st Emperor of the World and will not recognize anyone that objects to his Iron Fist Rule of America and elsewhere.

Obama doesn't believe in America.  This is, without question, the most treacherous, anti-America, deceitful administration that a bunch of ignorant voters have ever put into office. 

Rat bastards, all of them including his bitch.

For those who don't know, Congress consist of the House of Representatives and the Senate and is referred to as the Legislative Branch of the Government.
I just didn't want our Tea Party members to think that the Senate wasn't part of Congress. It was probably a waste of time since most of them know better.
Frank,
We both belong to the Tea Party and I am sure we have more in common then we have shown to our fellow Tea Party members. I am not a Libertarian or a Independent. My concern is what just happened in Fl. Where a Conservative won running on the GOP ticket by beating the Democrat by about 2% while a Independent took a little over 4% of the votes. We have to come together in the end and vote for the best, not perfect, Candidate!

I'm confident that the next Preezy will be guided to hit the 'undo' button on many of BOs insane ideological implementations. Much of the BO damage needs to be reversed and it may take years to wipe much of the slate clean. Some of it may be impossible to correct.

However, the growing disgust for this lawless regime extends way past the usual groups, and those numbers are now saying it publicly. YES, Americans ARE slowly waking up and they're not liking what they're seeing or hearing.

The regime can put up all the clapping seals behind their messiah each time he lies at the podium, - but it's intended effect is becoming enormously insignificant. Those who voted for him are currently expressing, 'disappointment'. (ya think?), - which is nothing more than a self-comforting utterance for, 'WTF was I thinking'.  Heh-heh.

The new and growing remorseful voter crowd are not only discovering that all the Utopian promises were all impossible lies, but also the massively embraced, 'hip' political correctness (PC) is nothing more than outright censorship, followed by documented harassment. Sometimes it even involves career killing tactics and death threats. Those who claim to be fighting racism, etc., are 'THE' individuals who are intolerant and completely obsessed with race. The new tolerance is the new conformity! The current LEFT are the new brown shirts.  

All of this from the so-called all caring, all inclusive, all knowing, tolerant HIP preezy and his minions. The light bulb above the empty cranium voters - is beginning to glow. Hallelujah! 

WE WANT NO PART OF THIS TREATY !!!!!!!!!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom StiglichPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden On Violence Against Women:   We Have To Keep ‘Punching At It, And Punching At It, And Punching At It’

The audience laughed as he said this.

Former Vice President Joe Biden said that America needs to be “punching” back to combat violence against women during Wednesday’s Democratic debate.

Biden was asked if he would tackle specific issues regarding the #MeToo movement at the beginning of his presidency, if he were to be elected. The former vice president previously sponsored the 1994 Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), which aimed to protect victims of domestic violence.

The presidential candidate responded to the question about assaulting women by using the phrase “punching” repeatedly, apparently not thinking about the implications of using such a word.

“No man has a right to raise a hand to a woman in anger other than in self-defense, and that rarely ever occurs,” Biden said. “So we have to just change the culture, period, and keep punching at it and punching at it and punching at it. No, I really mean it.”

A few people laughed in the audience as he said this.

Biden added that it is important to pass the Violence Against Women Act, which has passed in the House and held up in the Senate. The former Vice President also suggested that America has to “fundamentally change the culture” of how women are treated, noting that it is “everyone’s responsibility.”

“It’s a gigantic issue, and we have to make it clear from the top, from the president on down that we will not tolerate it,” Biden said. “We will not tolerate this culture.”

Tucker's big takeaways from the Trump impeachment saga

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service