HHS Director Quits Job, Leaves Scathing Letter That Exposes Big Gov’t for the Circus That It Is

Top U.S. Scientific Misconduct Official Quits in Frustration With Bureaucracy(Photo) ORI - H/T Science Insider

Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 8.22.21 PM

David Wright, director of the Office of Research Integrity (ORI) in the Department Of Health And Human Services, just quit his job in a big way. Wright wrote an insanely blunt resignation letter that was recently published by ScienceInsider. In it, he exposed the dysfunctional bureaucratic red tape that limited him from doing his job more than half of the time.

We’ve compiled some of the most entertaining parts below. Of course, feel free to read the full letter yourself, though I must warn that it’s loaded with various acronyms (common with government work).

He was only able to actually do his job around 35% of the time:

This has been at once the best and worst jobs I’ve ever had…Working with members of the research community, particularly RIOs, and the brilliant scientist-investigators in ORI has been one of the great pleasures of my long career. Unfortunately, and to my great surprise, it turned out to be only about 35% of the job.

The rest of my role as ORI Director has been the very worst job I have ever had and it occupies up to 65% of my time. That part of the job is spent navigating the remarkably dysfunctional HHS bureaucracy to secure resources and, yes, get permission for ORI to serve the research community…What I was able to do in a day or two as an academic administrator takes weeks or months in the federal government, our precinct of which is OASH.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/121506-hhs-director-quits-job-leave...

Tags: David, Department, Health, Human, Integrity, Office, Research, Services, Wright, and, More…bureaucracy, of, sebelius

Views: 756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is just the tip of the Iceberg.  Multiply this by the 2.4 million who work for The USG.  This a major flaw in the US.  All Gov employees come under the Executive Branch.  This means they all work for Obama.  So don't wonder why so much is wasted, or why we are 17 Trillion in debt.  In the private sector bad leaders are fired by the board.  Folks, we are the board under the Constitution.  Like if you think this CEO should be fired and jailed for gross mismanagement!

Well said William. I agree with you and hopefully if the Senate is taken our of the control of the Dumocrats in the next election, we can impeach Obummer and fire his corrupt administration.

here....here, William and Velma

And how many years did he suck the taxpayers dry for NOT doing his job, why didn't he expose them early on.  He is among the 500,000 (at least) tht. suck up the pay and then say oh poor me and look at what is going on, to hell him these folks!

Chris, that is why when a voter lazily doesn't bother with the details of current events, or vetts a political candidates background, or votes for a candidate because he "seems OKAY",  the voter doesn't just exersize his voting right (for which he claims total discretion), but he makes a decision with your pocketbook contributed revenues. Blithely ignorant voters are contemptible. They put Obama in office. TWICE!

I agree, however, the obummer voters had ONE end in mind: free stuff! They do not care about obummer's character, intentions or qualifications.

I agree. There are not only ignorant voters there are people who go to the voting booth and vote a straight Republican or Democrat ticket. They do not care about the person, issue, etc, all they care about is the Party concerned! I call these people lazy voters.

Here is the reason I believe Obama gets away with whatever he wants to do:

http://www.whale.to/c/an_examination_of_obama.html

If one has never worked in the Fed Gov they can not begin to understand how the bureaucracy functions. If I was in a position and experienced the same situation I would want to do something about the dysfunction but I need more time to determine who I can go to and there may NOT be anyone I could go to. It sounds like this situation was not one where one could walk into a supervisor's office and complain or quit. Some Government positions require one to remain in in the position 1-2 or more years when accepting an appointment. One just does not "leave" a position in the Fed. Gov. The same with certain State jobs. It is more complicated than one could determine from the timeline here. Besides it takes months to process any business in the bureaucracy. Fore instance: take the VA. It may take years for a simple claim to be processed.

Their is absolutely no difference in HHS and the German Gestapo, just ime and location.

Kinda reinforces the old saw, "If you don't want to get anything done just give it to a group."  The communist utopia is doomed because of it...Semper Fi Nam 66-67

Finally, someone who has some integerity!  And not afraid to talk about it!

There is a mind set in the Federal Government that there is a time given to do a job and if you get it done before the time lotted the funds will be cut next year in the budget. There is so much waste of funds through government it would make most people with any command sense and respect for their country or job sick each day at work. It's No wonder that federal workers have to have sick leave and annual leave they just have to get away from the sickness.

RSS

TEA PARTY SUPPORT

TEA PARTY REPORT - 10/30/14

TEA PARTY FACEBOOK

© 2014   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service