No comments   |   Printer Friendly

The recent reports by the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee and the House Armed Services Committee make clear that no organization in the chain of command, including the White House, should have been surprised by the tragic events that occurred at our Benghazi Special Mission Compound (SMC) on Sept. 11, 2012.

Clearly, there was both strategic and tactical warnings.

The security situation in eastern Libya, particularly Benghazi, was out of control. Trying to explain our failure to protect the SMC as a lack of appreciation of the seriousness of the deteriorating security situation or incompetence does not pass muster. This was a planned event and explains the massive cover-up.

There were numerous hostile acts leading up to the attack on the compound. For example, on April 6, 2012, an attack with improvised explosive devices was conducted on the outer wall of the compound.

On May 22, the Benghazi International Red Cross office was hit by two rocket-propelled grenades. On June 1, a car bomb exploded outside the Benghazi hotel where the British ambassador was staying. On June 6, an IED blew a hole in the compound’s perimeter wall. On June 7, Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens requested two mobile security teams for his protection but was denied by the State Department.

On June 11, the British ambassador’s convoy was hit by RPGs. On June 17, the U.K. closes its Benghazi consulate, and the International Red Cross closes its office. On June 19, the Tunisian Consulate is stormed by the rebel group Ansar al Shariah.

Then on July 9, the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli requests continued security support for an additional 60 days, but receives no answer from the State Department.

On Aug. 2, Stevens requests 11 additional personal-security bodyguards. He calls the security situation unpredictable and violent, but his requests are turned down by State. Stevens sent a cable to State on Aug, 16 stating that the compound cannot withstand a coordinated attack.

The State Department’s reaction was to withdraw the three Quick Reaction Units at our embassy in Tripoli under the command of Col. Andy Wood over the objection of the embassy and Col. Wood.

At this point, AFRICOM offers to provide additional security, but Stevens feels compelled to turn down the offer due to State denying all his requests for increased security.

http://www.aim.org/guest-column/benghazi-was-a-planned-tragedy/

Views: 1294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wouldn't doubt if the WH was the ones who planned the attack.  They took everyone out so they wouldn't have to help rescue these 4 guys.  Nothing would surprise me what these evil corrupt morons would do.  I plainly saw Obama, Hillary, and all the rest of the idiots watching the TV when the Benghazi massacre happened.  Obama, Hillary, and all the rest of those who were in on the plan to be put on trial and impeached w/heavy fines given to the families of the men who were killed and then they need to be thrown in jail and throw away the key.  

There had been many hostile attacks before the 4 were killed, so the WH knew all about what was going on and stopped anyone from going to help them.  It goes to show you Obama hates the American people and didn't care whether these people got killedor not.

Your on the right track Rhonda. The white house needed a "Saved by the cavalry at the last possible minute" situation, only it backfired. They were expecting the Ambassador to be taken hostage. Obama wanted to be the hero and step in at the right time and negotiate his release to make himself look good to the american people.  Everything was set up to not allow the proper security to be in place. If it was, the situation would never have escalated. The white needed the embacy to fall into the wrong hands. After it all went wrong well they thought the american people would be stupid enough to fall for any excuse.

I am almost certian that this was orchastrated be the WH

"TRAGEDY"? That sounds like a coverup word!

this whole democratic regime is a total cover up to implement the destruction of America as we know it. we will all be dependent on the government for everything we need. another banana republic. another Russia, china, north Korea, Iran, Syria etc. many of our constitutional Americans will be slaughtered or put in work camps. America ( if it ain't broke don't fix it. }

I'm sure obama planned to have Stevens killed, he knew enough to have obama impeached.  The problem with obama's plan is that some decided to help and disobeyed orders, who ended up getting killed themselves.  Now a lot of people want answers because of those who gave their lives to help.  If just Stevens got killed, obama could have swept it under the rug.

Hey, "What difference does it make?" Who cares if the White House planned the raid or if a band of teenage hooligans were simply acting out their juvenile ideals?  We still have 4 dead Americans and it really don't matter if anyone is held responsible for these murders, besides Ambassador Stevens knew what kind of person Hillary Clinton is and he for sure knew Obama is a liar and cannot tell the truth in any situation. So who's at fault is this incident, Hillary for not caring, Obama because he's a pathological Liar or Ambassador Stevens for actually trusting either one of them?  It's a matter of interpretation, not Obama's fault because he didn't know what was happening besides, Obama was so upset about the evil anti-Moslem movie that was out at the time.  Hillary didn't know about it because frankly, she didn't give a damn... Oh, the Presidential Election, that was a calculated distraction to this Benghazi fiasco. 

Folks, by the time anyone or anything is done about this attack, it will be so trivialized by the players in it that it will be impossible to pin the responsibility on anyone.

I sill maintain what happened in Benghazi was a planned kidnapping of the US Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens for the Blind Shiek by the obama administration to make the fraud and usurper barack hussein obama look good in the public's eye . The plan went sideways when those brave American servicemen ignored orders to stand down and went to save the US Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens .

That's exactly what I hear Blind shiek was the trade off! hillkills in it up to her teeth with ododo, morsi help do it. along with hillkill in the sisterhood of the brotherhood muslimmies for years hillkill has been a trader along with billyboy & ododo 1st 911 proves that... Now they want a muzzy caucus in wh sharia law.I wish Ireal would send in someone to take out this reign of terrorism here. We must remove them this is truly going to be bad if he isn't removed soon. muzzy jihadist daily coming into our country per muzzy wh. All of it is to kill Americans & take our Country into muslimism! 

I "KNOW" THAT THE STAND DOWN ORDER WAS ISSUED BY OBAMA AND SOME DAY HE WILL BE PUNISHED FOR HIS CRIMES!

This communist regime seemed insistent on getting Stevens murdered. 

What we have heard is that this Ambassador was a Christian and devout and was an influence in the area. I am tired of those such as Rush denying that Obama is a Muslim. I saw him admit it and endorcing it to the American public. When all fails, Obama said, I will support the Muslim faith. The question is where was Rush when this was said by Obama? Where was he when Obama finally admitted on camera he was Muslim or Muslim supporter?

We should know by now that this was purposely staged as is the Ukraine. They have two ways to go and that is either allow dominance by Russia or let the EU control them with a loan! America allowed the idiots we elected to borrow from Communist China and we hear by fool Liberals there is no such thing as Communism! Idea, drop them off in Northern China or North Korea and without their corrupt money they cheated out of honest Americans!

We just heard from Wild Bill about our Girl Scouts and how the evil left has taken them over with Planned Parenthood and a support for ALTERNATE lifestyles! I love our children and since both mine are boys, I love our girls. Girls always ask me for advice as teens and I was always correct! Why, it is written in the Holy Scriptures! When I was in the US before I married overseas, even the teen PK girls would seek me out and tell me things that they would not tell their father, the Pastor! Are we ready to admit that this takeover of our American Girl Scouts was evil? Want your girl brainwashed into being a Lesbian and supporting the murder of the unborn? We need to face it, the Liberals have no moral character and do not honor such a thing!

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Robert Ariail

Political Cartoons by Chip BokThe cartoonist's homepage, pnj.com/opinion

ALERT ALERT

SWEET: Republican Representative Introduces Resolution To Expel Nancy Pelosi From Congress

Louisiana Republican Rep. Ralph Abraham has introduced legislation to expel Speaker Nancy Pelosi from the House of Representatives.

Abraham’s resolution accuses Pelosi of a “vicious crusade” against President Donald Trump.

Above: Rep. Ralph Abraham

“Nancy Pelosi’s vicious crusade against our lawfully-elected President is nothing more than a politically-motivated witch hunt and it must be stopped,” Abraham said in a statement obtained by Fox News. “She has disgraced the people’s House and weaponized the Speaker’s gavel for her party’s political gain.”

“House Democrats spent nearly three years obsessed with election meddling only to dwarf any such efforts with their own deceitful plan to nullify the 2016 election and prevent President Trump from winning in 2020,” the statement continued. “I have introduced a resolution calling for her to be expelled from the House and for the Speaker’s Office to be vacated.”

The text of the resolution, which is most definitely not going to pass the Democrat-controlled House reads: “Resolved, That pursuant to Article 1, Section 5, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, Representative Nancy Pelosi be, and she hereby is, expelled from the House of Representatives and the Office of the Speaker is declared to be vacant.”

Fox News notes that constitutional clause holds that “Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.”

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service