Obama shoved to sidelines as Russia ignores U.S. threats of isolation

1512821_703922749658724_559302823_n

President Obama warned Russia on Monday of possible U.S. sanctions over its military land grab in Ukraine, but Moscow brushed aside international threats, tightening its stranglehold on Crimea and calling audaciously for a national unity government in Kiev.

In Washington, Mr. Obama said the world is “largely united” against Russia’s military action and he is considering economic and diplomatic steps that would gradually isolate Russia. He criticized the government of Russian President Vladimir Putin for being “on the wrong side of history.”

1622223_800821076614340_2100772274_n

“What cannot be done is for Russia with impunity to put its soldiers on the ground and violate basic principles that are recognized around the world,” Mr. Obama said. “Over time, this will be a costly proposition for Russia.”

But the U.S. and European Union floundered for solutions — while global markets panicked over the prospect of violent upheaval in the heart of Europe. Fears grew that the Kremlin might carry out more land grabs in pro-Russian eastern Ukraine, or elsewhere in the former Soviet Union, adding urgency to Western efforts to defuse the crisis.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/3/obama-warns-us-retal... 

Views: 412

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

obama can't expect Putin to believe his "line in the sand" talk when obama has backed down every time he has drawn one.  And no other nation believes obama or believes in him.  If I were a leader of another nation and obama told me that America sttod with me, I would be making plans that did not include the US.

I have more respect for Putin than I do obozo or for that matter anyone in Washington. Putin is a communist I know what a communist is. He lives his talk.
Obozo and our legislatures say they are Americans. Really? Look at America today and YOU tell me if our leaders are True Americans. I say NOT!!!!

Mona,! Thank you! I also think Putin is a good man. Sure he has did some things against his people that is wrong. But at least he has a set of ball. Excuse the wording. Abeed in our Whitehouse? Has none. And will back his muslim brothers, until the end. But i know that Putin will come at them (muslims) like a wirlwind! And i know that to be fact! Our Bible tells us so! Don't forget MAY 16th.!!! Make or Break time!!! Hope you will be there. As Always. " I live my life. That when my feet hit the floor in the morning. The devil and muslims say, " OH CRAP!!! HE IS AWAKE!!!"

I wonder if Obama knows whose boss.  I know who is boss over the Russia/Ukraine debacle and the person is Putin and he is laughing at the US all the way to the Ukraine.  He knows Obama is a wimp went it comes to do anything to these foreign ministers.  How in the world we got this campaign speech idiot I will never know.  He is gay, radical, hypocrit, going over Congress for his own agenda, hiring Muslim Terrorist Chaplains and will be another Fort Hood.  Please, Please American help us get this radical, liberal, evil, hypocritical, Muslim, Communist out of the WH and the rest of his cohorts and this includes the RINO'S.  We have got to get these Communist before our country is demolished, but we have one more option and this is to everyone who has turned their backs on the Lord to come back to him and confess your sins to help all of us gets the rats out of the WH immediately, before he declares Martial Law and will be in the WH permanently.   I am begging all of you to listenand wake up before it is too late.  Even if it means fight to keep what we have, then we will fight to win our country back.  So all of you think of what we need to do.

One usurper to another. WAAAW WA WA

Putin not only unfriended Obama on Facebook...he blocked him!!

Good one. We should all block obozo.
PUTIN IS BUSY BUILDING AN EMPIRE AND BHO THREATENS US WITH HIS PEN AND PHONE . HE LOOKS REALLY SCARY ON THE PHONE .

Time to ground Air Force 1. There' nowhere to fly to and project American power or image. Maybe a platinum Greyhound bus pass.

Putin just wrote one if his "executive orders".

Barry's handling of this event reminds me of the man who came home unexpectedly and found his wife in bed with another fellow. Spying the man's umbrella leaning against the wall, he picked it up, broke it over his knee, and said, "There! I hope to hell it rains!"

RSS

TEA PARTY SUPPORT

TEA PARTY FACEBOOK

© 2014   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service