By now, the pattern is pretty clear: Obamacare deadlines don’t stick. And they probably never will.

The unanswered question is, does the extra time create more hassles than benefits for those affected - and is the goalpost-moving worth the political headaches it creates for the Obama administration?

Because undeniably, every time the Obama administration bends a deadline for the Affordable Care Act — delaying the employer mandate for the second time, putting off parts of the enrollment launch, or giving customers just a little more time to sign up — it fuels the perception that the administration is just winging it, and gives Republicans new fodder to accuse the White House of rewriting laws too casually.

That doesn’t mean the busted deadlines always matter in the real world, though. Some matter more than others. Insurers have been genuinely put out by all the rules that have been changed along the way, which has dumped more work in their laps. That raises the risks of enrollment errors and other problems down the road, like price increases because insurers didn’t get the mix of customers they expected.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/obamacare-affordable-care-act...

Views: 332

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It goes down that ends the progressive agenda LET them fall!

Obama is the ceo of lies and not qualified to be anything but a community whatever.  We must get rid of him and put this country back to where it was before he became the snake in the White House.  Pray that God will help us to achieve this and successfully.  I love America.

DEMAND THAT CONGRESS OPEN HIS SEALED RECORDS AND LET THE AMERICAN PUBLIC KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS COMMUNIST SCUM!

As bad as Obamacare is, one has to wonder if even that,  is a giant distraction for something much worse?! !

All the means to their end game is a distraction. Most people do not even see it coming.

I agree 100%, the general populace is clueless and seemingly uninterested. The communists will create a crisis that will require martial law to stop. My guess is that they will make an example of some area in the country. It has taken them decades to get us to this point, they will not stop now.

THIS IS THEIR "END RUN GAME" AND EVEN IF WE THE PEOPLE BEAT THEM DOWN THEY WILL ALWAYS BE HIDING IN THE SHADOWS!

You hit the nail right on the head. I am with you 100% in your thinking.

YEAH, LIKE THE TRUE INTENTS OF THE "ELITES?"

Paul Z

Your thinking is real close to the truth, the man is no more than a puppet for a higher set of powerful people to overthrow our government and hour country.

They have an agenda. The fact that it is secret is ominous.

The delays are the disgusting attitude of Obama and the cobboled up mess of Obamacare.  No one really knows what they are doing and they don't care.  And Obama is such an egotist he thinks we don't know how far under the water he really is and so far from shore.  He has to take orders from all who put him in office and they are making him look stupider and stupider every day.  How did we allow this mess to happen to America?  Greed and power and hate.  It's time to turn the world around and kick out every evil, greedy person anywhere near Washington D.C. and public office in every state.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Ken CatalinoPolitical Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

ALERT ALERT

TRUMP:  Trump To Give ‘Start Your Engines’ Command At Dayton

President Donald Trump will give the command for drivers to start their engines before the Daytona 500.

Daytona International Speedway officials named Trump the grand marshal for NASCAR’s season opener, meaning he will deliver the most famous four words in auto racing. “Gentleman, start your engines,” has been a staple of races around the country and world for decades.

White House spokesman Judd Deere said Thursday the president plans to attend the race. Track president Chip Wile confirmed the news in a release.

“Daytona International Speedway has been privileged to have hosted several sitting presidents of the United States over our history,” Wile said. “We’re honored that the president of the United States has chosen to experience the pageantry and excitement of ‘The Great American Race.’”

Trump is the third sitting president to attend a race at Daytona, but only the second to attend the Daytona 500. George W. Bush attended in 2004. Trump is the first to be given an honorary role in pre-race ceremonies.

Trump is scheduled to spend part of the Presidents Day weekend at his private club in Palm Beach, Florida.

The Federal Aviation Administration issued a flight restriction for Sunday and the U.S. Secret Service, which is responsible for presidential security, also tweeted to fans that drones are prohibited within 30 miles of the race in Daytona Beach — a restriction put in place for presidential visits.

Trump has hosted previous NASCAR champions at the White House and last October awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to motorsports titan Roger Penske. Last year, Trump also praised retired driver Mario Andretti, the Daytona 500 winner in 1967, reminiscing about a ride Andretti gave him in a race car for his reality show “The Apprentice.”

“I said, ‘Mario, get me out of here. I want to get out of this car,’” Trump recalled. “We went so fast. We literally — we covered four blocks in like a second.”

Tucker: Elizabeth Warren's campaign on its last legs

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service