Extortion 17: Congress to revisit raid on helicopter that killed 38

By Bill Bartel
The Virginian-Pilot
© February 21, 2014

A congressional hearing set for next week will focus on the 2011 attack on a U.S. helicopter in Afghanistan that killed 38 people, including more than a dozen Navy SEALs based in Virginia Beach.

A subcommittee of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is slated to hear testimony Thursday morning at a Capitol Hill hearing titled "Afghanistan: Honoring the Heroes of Extortion 17." A witness list was not available Thursday.

Extortion 17 refers to the call sign of the Chinook helicopter that crashed in Wardak province, southwest of Kabul, on Aug. 6, 2011, after being struck by a rocket-propelled grenade.

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/02/congress-revisit-raid-helicopter-ki...

I have posted the following links for those that may not be familiar with Extortion 17.

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/2014/q1/fallen-seal-team-6-pa...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ldiPhnZ0s&list=UUMpHXcMaEwk2eO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfv-bEa27Mw&feature=

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/history/aircraft/D_Models/84-2417...

Views: 1508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unless and until we have true conservatives in our congress we will NOT get answers to anything. Novemeber cannot come soon enough.

It's about time!

I have been wondering why this tragedy has been swept under the rug for quite some time. There was never any explanation as to why so many highly trained Seals & others had been doing there.

Kind of reminds me of Fast and Furious and Benghazi.....

Paul, who was the commander of the forces in Afghanistan at the time?   Was there ever a congressional investigation?

I remember that there were 22 Navy Seals killed, not 17.  There was supposed to be an investigation by Congressman Chaffetz. This happened over a year ago and we hear nothing on why such a large number of highly trained Seals & others were in the area.  Not sure who the commander was.

Paul, I tried to contact Chaffetz through his website and of course it block inquiries from out of his congressional district.  All I have is democrats in my district.

David, do what I do with out of district Congressmen, use a town and zip in their district.  They need to hear the flak.  You can phone his staff without being from his district, it is 202-225-775. The City of Provo, Utah's Zip is 84604.  Email the Democrats anyway as well.  Check this out!

House panel probing chopper crash that killed SEAL Team 6 ...

I believe the seal team knew to much and Obama set them up.  Biden set seal team 6 up by saying they were the ones that took bin laden out.

Russell, you look like the only one that really gets this.    If seal team 6 actually got OBL, he is alive and well probably 8 stories below the earth at Bethesda.....hard to even fathom that some believe this creep in the white house took him out !  Dead men tell no tales ---- same with Benghazi and the gun running!  Chris Stevens was meant to die !

I'm I wrong, but wasn't some of these troops part of Seal Team 6 that took part in the OBL raid? If that's the case they had to be silenced. I wonder if OBL was ever killed to start with. The Obama administration is good at cover scap up. This administration has killed our on troops for what? Lies after lies. Enough is enough how many more Americans will be killed by this President.

This is way past overdue and as Mary Triola points out below here with the present makeup of congress and what resides in our Whitehouse plus the expulsion of 200 or more High Ranking Military under this Administration. We will get nothing short of Bull crap and lies not the truth.

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

Political Cartoons by Gary VarvelPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

SICK: Leprosy On The Rise In Los Angeles 

Ahh, the joys of open borders and Democrat leadership.

California is not just a public toilet but now there is evidence that leprosy is on the rise in Los Angeles County.

Barack Obama changed US law in 2016 and allowed immigrants with blistering STDs and leprosy to migrate to the US.

Medscape reported:

Leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease, is rarely seen in the United States, but cases continue to emerge in Los Angeles County, a new report says.

“Hansen’s disease still exists, and we need to educate medical students and physicians,” coauthor Dr. Maria Teresa Ochoa from Keck Medical Center of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, told Reuters Health by email.

Dr. Ochoa and colleagues identified 187 patients with the disease in a review of medical records from their leprosy clinic spanning 1973 to 2018. Most patients were Latino, originating from Mexico, and they experienced a median delay in diagnosis of more than three years, the team reports JAMA Dermatology, online August 7.

Multibacillary leprosy (MB) cases outnumbered paucibacillary leprosy (PB) cases by nearly eight to one (88.6% vs. 11.4%, respectively), and Latino patients were more likely than non-Latino patients to have MB, as were patients from Central or South America (versus other regions).

Most patients (80.7%) received multidrug therapy, and most (92.6%) received antibiotics for more than two years, especially if they had MB.

Only about half of patients (56.7%) had World Health Organization (WHO) grade 0 disability (no signs or symptoms suggestive of leprosy or disability) at the one-year follow-up, whereas 16.0% had grade 1 disability (loss of protective sensation) and 26.2% had grade 2 disability (visible deformity) at the last follow-up.

Among the patients who lost protective sensation, 87.7% (50/57) did not regain it following therapy.

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service