A federal appeals court on Friday struck down the birth control mandate in ObamaCare, concluding the requirement trammels religious freedom.

The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals — the second most influential bench in the land behind the Supreme Court — ruled 2-1 in favor of business owners who are fighting the requirement that they provide their employees with health insurance that covers birth control.

Requiring companies to cover their employees’ contraception, the court ruled, is unduly burdensome for business owners who oppose birth control on religious grounds, even if they are not purchasing the contraception directly.

“The burden on religious exercise does not occur at the point of contraceptive purchase; instead, it occurs when a company’s owners fill the basket of goods and services that constitute a healthcare plan,” Judge Janice Rogers Brown wrote on behalf of the court.

read more:

http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/court-battles/188983-appeals-cour...

Views: 856

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Next step--SCOTUS--not confident though (based on their previous O'care ruling) that will will uphold this court's judgement; praying that we are wrong! 

obummercare still will cover sex changes and all sorts of operations that the majority of US citizens will never use and never want to use.

When you have a Chief Justice in the pocket of the President, there is a good chance these puppets will support Obama and the liberals.

Well noted, Leon.

I don't understand why no one, at least to my knowledge, has taken Obama to court for making substantive changes in the ObamaCare (somewhat dodgy) law off his own bat.  Some of them are not just housekeeping bits of executive branch business - known as 'prosecutorial discretion'.  They are blatantly examples of unconstitutional overreach; governance by executive fiat; dictatorial behavior.  Like his imposing, by the arrogant use of the above-mentioned 'prosecutorial discretion' gambit, of elements of the so-called DREAM Act against the express vote of Congress on the subject.  

Immigration policy; failure to allow election fraud to be cleaned up, and actively impeding such moves; unilateral executive actions imposing environmental regulations, thus bypassing Congress and its governmental branch's legislative responsibility - the man and his wrecking-crew compatriots have got to go.  If the courts won't rule on his executive overreach, The People will have to take measures in their own hands to stop his putsch for power - take the bullcrapper by his horns and dismiss him forthwith.  Before it's too late, and he consolidates his stealthy grab for tyrannical power by taking advantage of a false flash op and declaring Martial Law, thus disposing of the Constitution in one fell swoop, rather than the piecemeal job that he has been doing of it, step by incremental step.

No more talk.  It's time for action.  For if not now, when???

Does Obama actually think he is beyond reach of a military coup in which he is arrested, cuffed and led out of the Oval Office and the White House in shame and disgrace... to be held in a secluded penetentiary cell where he could be properly interrogated, tried, convicted and hung same as happened to other despots in the past?

Maybe he thinks the ghosts of Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Leon Trotsky, Joseph Stalin, Nikita Khruschev, Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini,  Mao Tse Tung, Che Guevara etal will be his jury to pass judgement!

Divide and conquer.

It's about time someone in thr judicial system exercised some common sense.

Hope the Supreme Court doesn't overturn this ruling.

NICE TO SEE SOME JUDGES THAT LOVE THERE COUNTRY.

THANK YOU FOR STANDING UP.  FOR A CHANGE.

SCOTUS next ones they better do this right! I think we have crooked Judges up there to let the Obama Crap Care for all go through anyway an then make changes too it an then Say Oh we don't have to have it just the Lowly Below Us DO! the whole thing is out of order an better be changing soon Or it will be time For The People To Do Something about it.

Another thing that bothers me is why Gay people think they have the Right to go to a Church an get married? They can do as all Religions have before them MAKE UP THEIR OWN CHURCH! IF the rules are not fit for you then you start your own congregation it is that simple leave People with Old Values an Morals alone. There are all Black Churches an All White Churches etc I don't see people raising hell about it! IF a Church I am attending believes it is ok to marry FAGS I will not attend end of STORY an sure will not contribute to them anymore either. I have standards just as FAGS have standards start your own Godless organization!

I'm waiting for the BIG HAMMER to fall, because GOD is not going to take much more of this blasphemy !!

I agree....and the outcome for many will not be pretty....

God will never recognize any church made up or controlled by faggots!

God will never hear their prayers as He considers them to be an ABOMINATION TO ALL THAT IS GODLY!

HOMOSEXUALITY IS PERVERSION AND MENTAL ILLNESS CAUSED BY SATAN!

RSS

TEA PARTY SUPPORT

TEA PARTY FACEBOOK

© 2014   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service