Feds ask Blue Cross Blue Shield not to release Obamacare signup numbers

The Obama administration asked North Dakota’s largest health insurer not to publicize how many people have signed up for health insurance through a new online exchange, a company official says.

During a Monday forum in Fargo for people interested in signing up for coverage via the exchange, James Nichol of Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota told the crowd his company received the request from the federal government earlier Monday. Nichol is a consumer sales manager for the company.

Still, a spokeswoman from Blue Cross Blue Shield says about 14 North Dakotans have signed up for coverage since the federal exchange went live Oct. 1. That brings total statewide enrollment to 20 – less than one a day.

Spokeswoman Andrea Dinneen said Tuesday that while Blue Cross generally does not release its internal sales numbers, it has in this case because the problematic rollout of the federal health care exchange is a “unique situation.”

read more:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/416090/

Views: 871

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They should release the amount! It would show the people that there are Honest Companies out their! It's GOOD PR.

Dictatorial, mafia, chicago style.  Lucky for him; we keep sitting back in our easy chairs going, "Hum-m-m-m-m-m-m, what a shame."

You mean commie/marxist style....

I would be interested in knowing whether these 20 people who have purchased insurance through the great online exchange are the ones who are SUBSIDIZING the other insureds or the ones being SUBSIDIZED by the other insureds.  My guess is that those who signed up on the great online exchange are the ones whose medical bills will far exceed their premiums.

Secrets, secrets, secrets.  Get yourself a dictator and he will have his secrets all over the place.  Thanks Blue Cross Blue Shield for the big numbers.  They show a statewide total of TWENTY people in North Dakota that have signed up for the glitched unaffordable Oblamerscare program.

What was that number?  If we get 7000 in the first month we can consider Obamacare a success?  How about 700?  Or maybe just count any attempts to access the sites and the number for success.  Democrats are very good at accepting duplicate numbers when the number matter.  

We are faced with a puzzle.  How many are receiving health care under obamacare and how many of them are subsidized?  The fact that obama and company does not want the information out there makes it easier for them to continue with the lie that it is popular. 

Just as with the other government controlled data, we will never know the truth.

My wife just came in from her morning walk and when I mentioned this posting, she said they just announced that there were 14 who signed up, a long ways from the 7 mil they need for this junk.

Wow!  14!  I wish we knew how much it cost to set up this incredible system.  My bet is that when we divide that number by the number of people who sign up, we will discover that we could have sent each signee to the moon for the amount of money spent to put this great system into place.

Before the government brought its very competent and cronyistic computer-programming acorns into the show, there was this other system which worked quite well for many decades.  They used to call them 'health insurance brokers' and salesmen.

So far 634 million dollars of our tax money is what it has cost....and that is before they brought in the "experts" a couple of days ago....

So far the gov't has said it allocated over 600 million to start OBcare....that money was borrowed from SS and medicare and at the beginning of next year , the Pres. is going to take more money from them. This is how he is funding his socialist H/C. , knowing that SS will be broke in a few years. THEN all the seniors will be dependent on the gov't, who by the way CONTROLS THE DEATH PANELS !! WE are screwed no matter how you look at it .

LOL!! Seriously??? Shoot no wonder they were told not to release the numbers. VERY EMBARRASSING! 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

ALERT ALERT

Foul-Mouthed Vicente Fox: Donald Trump Has
Ruined The American Dream For Non-Americans

Wasn’t that the point of his election? Foul-mouthed former Mexican President Vicente Fox attacked President Trump in a recent Newsweek op-ed.

Fox wrote that Trump has “ended the American dream for hundreds of thousands of Americans and non-Americans.”

The globalists and American left believe US presidents should put the well-being of foreigners above the well-being of American citizens.

Donald Trump rejects this belief.

The Hill reported:

Former Mexican President Vicente Fox slammed President Trump in a new op-ed Monday, claiming that Trump has killed the American dream.

“It has been more than a year since Donald Trump was elected, and since then he has tweeted more policies and complaints than any other political leader,” Fox wrote in an op-ed for Newsweek. “He has put international relations at risk and ended the American dream for hundreds of thousands of Americans and non-Americans. Is there anything he hasn’t done?”

The frequent Trump critic blasted the president for his threats on Twitter, including his recent suggestion that immigration enforcement from Mexico could become a condition in the ongoing North American Free Trade Agreement negotiations.

“Today we continue renegotiating the treaty because of good old Donald’s whims, we keep listening to him whining, and reading his conditions on Twitter; the most recent one is that the Dreamers depend on the construction of the f—ing wall,” Fox wrote.

YES PATRIOT STORE

© 2018   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service