Obama Administration to Sign U.N. Arms Trade Treaty "In the Very Near Future

As we reported last month, on April 2, the United Nations General Assembly voted 153-4 to pass the Arms Trade Treaty, with the United States voting in favor and several countries abstaining. The vote in the General Assembly pushed the treaty process forward after negotiations twice failed to deliver on the goal of developing the treaty by consensus. The Obama Administration is expected to sign the treaty soon after it is opened for signature on June 3.

According to a May 16 Amnesty International article, a senior US diplomat--Assistant Secretary of State Thomas Countryman--has confirmed the U.S. government will be quick to sign the new treaty. According to the article, Countryman said on Wednesday that the United States would sign the ATT "in the very near future."

If the deeply problematic treaty is signed, the fight will move to the U.S. Senate, where the Obama administration would need to find 67 senators to ratify the treaty.

Of course, anti-gun Amnesty International approves of the treaty and is advocating its signing and ratification. In addition, Amnesty International has gone so far as to claim that the treaty will not affect "domestic gun control regulations."

read more:

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2013/4/obama-administrat...

Views: 758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Contact your Senators... I will be calling the two GA Senators.

While you have their attention tell them to push for a bill that says NO LAW IN AMERICA BUT AMERICAN LAW....NO INTERTNATIONAL LAW OR SHARIA LAW.   AND TELL THIM THAT IF THE CHRIATIAN RELKIGION ISNT ALOWED IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS , COLLAGES AND UNIVERSITES THE so called muslim religion should not be there either. They are forcing that crap down our kids throats.

SURE BARRY , GO AHEAD , SIGN IT , AND EVERY SENATOR THAT VOTES FOR IT SHOULD BE TRIED FOR TREASON .

My understanding is that they don't have to approve it. If they don't bring it up for a vote it go into effect on it's own. Do you honestly think that the hairy weed in charge of the senate could ram this through?  It will be challenged in the courts and we have a shot at it there.

Eric ... fortunately, the US does not recognize or implement a 'self-implementing treaty' process ... under the 1966-68 UN Treaty On Treaties all nations except the US can do the self-implementing treaty business -- but then again, the US is the only nation that gives ratified treaties a status equal to legislative law and once ratified must be followed so in our system before a treaty can have force of law it must be fully ratified ... on the whole, I'd say this ATT nonsense is toast.

There are actually two conflicting sections in the Treaty On Treaties -- one allows signatory nations to proceed as if the treaty has been ratified by the approval authority even though it hasn't been but two sections later there is a requirement for ratification by the approving body before a UN treaty can take legal effect -- that section was put in because of our ratification/legalizing process ... had that section not been added bith the LBJ & Nixon administrations had threatened to veto the treaty at the Security Council.

Also, there is no provision in US law allowing anyone to sue the government for ratifying a treaty ... we have more than 200,000 treaties and other kinds of diplomatic & trade agreements currently in force ... if those who disagree with a treaty or other agreement could sue the government would be in court every day over one or more of them.

And, as a matter of historical interest the father of the ATT, the 'UN Convention on Small Arms' treaty was signed by Bad Bill Clinton in 1997, submitted to the Senate where it was assigned to the Treaties Committee and where it languishes to this day -- unread (in the parliamentary rules sense), never marked-up, never recommended or disapproved, and never even attempted by any Majority Leader to bring it to the floor for a vote.

Unless the LeftDems gain a significant number of seats in the mid-term elections the same thing will happen with this vile treaty document.

Permalink Reply by John Thomas Dunlap 53 minutes ago                Delete

I recieved a e-mail from Congressman Steve Stockman of tx. he said that this so called Arms Treaty Makes me sick! and that this UN Gun Grab is the Biggest THREAT TO GUN OWNERS IN DECADES. It requires International License  TO owen a gun, It requires Registration of every and all Guns in the WORLD, It Bans all Transfers of semi- auto firearms,  and It evens requires THE CONFISCATATION AND DESTRUCTION of any Gun not approved by the UN. your gun.  Rep. Steve Stockman and SEN Rand Paul are workeing together on several House Bills to help us But they need our HELP!! the Bill's are HR-410 to over turn any anti-Gun Executive Orders, HR-35 to Repal Deadly ,Faield GUN free zones,  and HR-577 to protect the Vetrans rights.                              But he says that the UN. GUN BAND is an entirly different THREAT.So he's Intriducing HR-575, the SECOND AMENDMENT protection act  which states congress MUST NOT APPROVE ANY TREATY which threatens THE SECOND AMENDMENT.  they need our help they can't do this alone and this is not the time to do nothing this is the time for all Good Men and Woman to not stay silent, this is  atime to SCREAM at the top of your lungs,monday let your voices be heard these good men have given us some bullites don't waste them or the next one's will be real and fired right out side your homes in the streets,GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH.

Eric, these Guys do and Their worried and if congressman and senators are worried then you should be to. last time less than a few months it was voted on and defeated by a very very narrow percentknow Obama noes the few hold outs  that he needs to intemidate to ram it through  don't you let anyone tell you that can't be done just look what they have done up to now.

This moron will continue until he presses the right button , then all hell will break loose.  He seems to obsess about weapons . His handlers are pushing him  and us into a corner from which there is no return. I don't believe  he is smart enough to think of any of this by himself. Somehow he progressed from street thug to the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet.

In the short run the critical issue is not the treaty itself but the 2014 mid-term Senate elections ... even when Barry signs the treaty it will have little effect on us gun owners as there is only a tiny portion of it that he can implement administratively ... there's no way Dingy Harry will even try to bring it to the floor for ratification until after the mid-term elections, but if the LeftDems gain seats next year and certain RINO Senators go for it the treaty will be ratified and that's a major problem ...

Our task is to two-fold: 1. keep the pressure on all Senators to reject the treaty if it does come to the floor and 2. work our butts off to help defeat every Democrat -- all in the House and all 20 Dem & RINO Senators -- who must run next year. If we can continue to deny Reid & Barry a functional majority in the Senate we can cause this idiotic treaty to do nothing but gather dust on the shelves of the Senate Treaties Committee.

Screw you Obama!

I have written my Senators.  Blunt replied back saying he will not vote for it, but nothing from Cartahand she wants to sign it.   So put pressure on her and the others.  We do not have any time left.

If this is signed, it will be treason.

It won't only be treason but a declaration of war against the citizens.  The next step is a revolution.. 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Chip BokPolitical Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Vows: Give Taxpayer-Funded Obamacare To All Illegal Aliens In U.S.

Former Vice President and 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Joe Biden is vowing to give Obamacare, funded by American taxpayers, to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States.

During an interview with Telemundo’s Jose Diaz-Balart, Biden forgot that Obamacare technically bans illegal aliens from enrolling in healthcare plans — although illegal aliens are still able to obtain subsidized and free healthcare at Americans’ expense — and promised that under his plan, all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens would be able to get Obamacare.

The exchange went as follows:

DIAZ-BALART: When I … NBC moderated that first debate with you, I didn’t … I don’t recall a clear answer, under your plan should … would the 11, 12 million undocumented immigrants that live in the United States, that have been here many for generations, would they have access …

BIDEN: Yes.

DIAZ-BALART: — to health insurance.

BIDEN: Yes, they … if they can buy into the system like everybody else.

DIAZ-BALART: Because you know, in [Obamacare] they can’t.

BIDEN: Yeah. Yeah, I know. Well they can, that’s my point. They continue to be able to do that.

DIAN-BALART: They cannot under the ObamaCare.

BIDEN: Well and that’s my point, they will though. They will be able to buy into … [illegal aliens] would be able to buy in, just like anyone else could.

Biden joins Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg — among other 2020 Democrats — in committing to forcing American taxpayers to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens who arrive in the U.S.

Already, due to loopholes, American taxpayers are spending nearly $20 billion every year to provide illegal aliens with subsidized healthcare, emergency room visits, and other health services.

Under the 2020 Democrats’ plan to provide taxpayer-funded healthcare to all illegal aliens living in the U.S., Americans would be billed potentially $660 billion every decade just to cover the costs. Other research has found that the plan would cost Americans at least $23 billion every year.

As Breitbart News has reported, experts have said that giving taxpayer-funded healthcare to effectively all foreign nationals who can make it to America’s borders would drive “strong incentives for people with serious health problems to enter the country or remain longer than their visas allow in order to get government-funded care.”

Despite 2020 Democrats’ continued push for taxpayer-funded healthcare for illegal aliens, American voters are overwhelmingly opposed to the plan. The latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey revealed that the healthcare-for-illegal-aliens plan is the least popular policy position, with opposition from 62 percent of U.S. voters.

Similarly, a CNN poll from July discovered that 63 percent of likely swing voters oppose providing healthcare to illegal aliens, along with nearly 6-in-10 of all likely U.S. voters and 61 percent of moderates. A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that likely voters, by a majority of 55 percent, oppose giving healthcare to even the most low-income illegal aliens.

Infantilization of Popular Culture

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service