ObamaCare Leaves Restauranteurs with a Bad Taste

Stiffed waitresses know there’s no such thing as a free lunch. They may soon learn there’s no such thing as free health care, either.

It’s newsworthy that ObamaCare proponents find a businessman’s proclamation that he intends to comply with the law newsworthy. Dean Hodges, the owner of 18 Jimmy John’s franchises West of the Mississippi, emailed theHuffington Post that he will seek to provide insurance to his uncovered full-time employees. “I’m trying to save for it and plan for it so I can comply with the government, provide health care, and still pay for it,” the sandwich shop proprietor wrote.

Doesn’t highlighting this man-bites-dog story paradoxically affirm that businessmen regard the signature legislation of the present administration as hostile to their livelihood? Restaurant proprietors, whose slim profit margins often revolve around such seemingly petty matters as napkins used and ketchup consumed, have reacted negatively to the increased overhead of insuring employees who work 30 or more hours a week that the Affordable Care Act mandates. Despite its name, the food service industry isn’t finding the law very affordable.

read more:

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/daniel-flynn/obamacare-leaves-restaura...

Views: 500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMPEACH the Imposter/Criminal/Treasoner NOW before it's too late.

They won't impeach this communist terrorist--- people love him!!!! -- he's got another 4 to "gitter done"...

Just one more cut on the way to bringing America to her knees.

A protest likes going on in Cairo now might wake Washington up.

I hear you Dennis.

I will eat out MORE--at decent locally owned restaurants.  Places like Chick-fil-A.

I will do more research on who owns other restaurants and who supports Obama--if I can discern any business as supporting Obama, I will no longer do business with them.

Boycotts may not work, but I won't give any of my money to anyone who holds Obama's beliefs.

Sadly, you have no choice; most of your taxes go to people who hold his beliefs.

Benson - you echo my position exactly.   I will do whatever I can to support anti-Obama establishments and business people and boycott those establishments that support Obama.  Note that we can also refuse to use the label of president for that man.

Want to do your part to help restuarants...stop eating out and let Obama take the heat . There was a democrat on T.V today complaining that the revenue coming in is the lowest in many years. They can only raise taxes so much before the house of cards collapses.

I hope the house of cards comes down with a roar.... I love it.... If we stop spending this corrupt administration does not have the funds to operate as usual.....

The majority of Americans who will vote are too stupid to know any better and those who don't vote are even dumber!  I have no hope for the America that many of us grew up in!  It's just a matter of time now!

Amend Ronald! The majority of voters in this country are fat, lazy, ignorant,and apathetic. I think buyers remorse is soon gonna kick in.Lock n Load

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Steve Kelley

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

OMG!!! Ruth Bader Ginsburg Voted Best Real-Life Hero At MTV Awards

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Monday was crowned the best real-life hero at the MTV Movie & TV Awards.

The 86-year old judge — whose 2015 biopic The Notorious RBG help cement her as a cultural icon among Liberals — beat out tennis star Serena Williams, WWE wrestler Roman Reigns, and comedian Hannah Gadsby to take him the award.

Though it wasn’t a clean sweep for Ginsburg last night.

The RGB documentary lost the “Best Fight” category for “Ruth Bader Ginsburg vs. Inequality” to “Captain Marvel vs. Minn-Erva.”

The justice was absent from the ceremony in Santa Monica, California.

Last December, Ginsburg had surgery to remove cancerous growths on her left lung. She was released from the hospital in New York four days later and recuperated at home.

Earlier this year, Ginsburg missed three days of arguments, the first time that’s happened since she joined the court in 1993. Still, she was allowed to participate using court briefs and transcripts.

Ginsburg has had two previous bouts with cancer, in 1999 and 10 years later.

Flashback: Ruth Bader Ginsburg: A Pregnant Woman Is Not A ‘Mother’

Celebrated liberal U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg argued in an opinion released Tuesday that a pregnant woman is not a “mother.”

“[A] woman who exercises her constitutionally protected right to terminate a pregnancy is not a ‘mother’,” Ginsburg wrote in a footnote, which in turn responded to another footnote in the 20-page concurring opinion by Justice Clarence Thomas in the Box v. Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky Inc. case.

As Breitbart News’ legal editor Ken Klukowski reported, the case concerned a law signed by then-Governor (now Vice President) Mike Pence of Indiana in 2016, which required that the remains of an aborted fetus (or baby) be disposed of by cremation or burial. The law also prohibited abortion on the basis of sex, race, or disability alone.

The Court upheld the first part of the law, but declined to consider the selective-abortion ban until more appellate courts had ruled on it.

In his lengthy opinion — which delighted pro-life advocates, and distressed pro-choice activists — Thomas wrote that “this law and other laws like it promote a State’s compelling interest in preventing abortion from becoming a tool of modern-day eugenics.” He traced the racist and eugenicist beliefs of Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger, and warned that the Court would one day need to wrestle with abortion as form of racial discrimination.

In a footnote, Thomas attacked Ginsberg’s dissenting opinion, which argued the Court should not have deferred to the legal standard used by the litigants in the lower courts, but should have subjected the Indiana law to a more difficult standard instead, since it impacted “the right of [a] woman” to an abortion.

Ginsburg cited no legal authority for her claim that a pregnant woman is not a “mother.” The claim that a fetus is not a child is central to pro-choice arguments.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service