ObamaCare Leaves Restauranteurs with a Bad Taste

Stiffed waitresses know there’s no such thing as a free lunch. They may soon learn there’s no such thing as free health care, either.

It’s newsworthy that ObamaCare proponents find a businessman’s proclamation that he intends to comply with the law newsworthy. Dean Hodges, the owner of 18 Jimmy John’s franchises West of the Mississippi, emailed theHuffington Post that he will seek to provide insurance to his uncovered full-time employees. “I’m trying to save for it and plan for it so I can comply with the government, provide health care, and still pay for it,” the sandwich shop proprietor wrote.

Doesn’t highlighting this man-bites-dog story paradoxically affirm that businessmen regard the signature legislation of the present administration as hostile to their livelihood? Restaurant proprietors, whose slim profit margins often revolve around such seemingly petty matters as napkins used and ketchup consumed, have reacted negatively to the increased overhead of insuring employees who work 30 or more hours a week that the Affordable Care Act mandates. Despite its name, the food service industry isn’t finding the law very affordable.

read more:

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/daniel-flynn/obamacare-leaves-restaura...

Views: 498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMPEACH the Imposter/Criminal/Treasoner NOW before it's too late.

They won't impeach this communist terrorist--- people love him!!!! -- he's got another 4 to "gitter done"...

Just one more cut on the way to bringing America to her knees.

A protest likes going on in Cairo now might wake Washington up.

I hear you Dennis.

I will eat out MORE--at decent locally owned restaurants.  Places like Chick-fil-A.

I will do more research on who owns other restaurants and who supports Obama--if I can discern any business as supporting Obama, I will no longer do business with them.

Boycotts may not work, but I won't give any of my money to anyone who holds Obama's beliefs.

Sadly, you have no choice; most of your taxes go to people who hold his beliefs.

Benson - you echo my position exactly.   I will do whatever I can to support anti-Obama establishments and business people and boycott those establishments that support Obama.  Note that we can also refuse to use the label of president for that man.

Want to do your part to help restuarants...stop eating out and let Obama take the heat . There was a democrat on T.V today complaining that the revenue coming in is the lowest in many years. They can only raise taxes so much before the house of cards collapses.

I hope the house of cards comes down with a roar.... I love it.... If we stop spending this corrupt administration does not have the funds to operate as usual.....

The majority of Americans who will vote are too stupid to know any better and those who don't vote are even dumber!  I have no hope for the America that many of us grew up in!  It's just a matter of time now!

Amend Ronald! The majority of voters in this country are fat, lazy, ignorant,and apathetic. I think buyers remorse is soon gonna kick in.Lock n Load

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Lisa BensonPolitical Cartoons by Henry Payne

ALERT ALERT

‘Watch: Female HS Student Says She ‘Felt Violated’ After Seeing Trans Student’s Penis In Locker Room

“I could tell that he was wearing women’s underwear and what was underneath it”

A Pennsylvania student attending Honesdale High School has filed a complaint with the United States Department of Education Office of Civil Rights after her school administrators allowed a trans woman, a biological male who feels he is a woman, to dress and undress in the female locker room.

The student said she felt violated and scared when she looked across the aisle in the locker room to discover a member of the opposite sex in his underwear. In a video released by her legal team, she says it was obvious he was biologically male, as she “could tell that he was wearing women’s underwear and what was underneath it.”

“It was the first period, and I had gym class,” said the student, “And I walked in with all my friends, and while I was putting on my pants, I heard a man’s voice, so I turned around, and he’s standing there on the opposite aisle looking at me.”

“I glanced down and I could tell that he was wearing women’s underwear, and what was beneath it.”

She added that having a man apparently gawking at her while in various stages of undress made her feel unsafe.

“When I knew that a man was looking at me, I felt very violated, and very scared,” she said. “Especially looking at me while I am getting dressed.”

Her attorney said that this should be considered a form of sexual harassment in the eyes of the law.

“Opening up restrooms and locker room facilities to members of the opposite sex is sexual harassment,” said Andrea Shaw, the high school student’s attorney, “And like many forms of sexual harassment the girls in this school have little power over their situation.”

The attorney also notes that the school’s only attempt to remedy the situation was to allow the female high school student to wait to change until the biologically male student was finished, making her chronically late to gym class.

According to local media, the school district’s superintendent claims he is not able to comment on the case, but stated that the school is following the letter of the law. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court is expected to take up the case, otherwise biologically male students will continue to be allowed to dress and undress with biologically females.

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service