Vote for Ratification TODAY: Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities -

The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and its Optional Protocol was adopted on 13 December 2006 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, and was opened for signature on 30 March 2007. There were 82 signatories to the Convention, 44 signatories to the Optional Protocol, and 1 ratification of the Convention. This is the highest number of signatories in history to a UN Convention on its opening day. It is the first comprehensive human rights treaty of the 21st century and is the first human rights convention to be open for signature by regional integration organizations. The Convention entered into force on 3May 2008.

The Convention follows decades of work by the United Nations to change attitudes and approaches to persons with disabilities. It takes to a new height the movement from viewing persons with disabilities as "objects"  of charity, medical treatment and social protection towards viewing persons with disabilities as "subjects" with rights, who are capable of claiming those rights and making decisions for their lives based on their free and informed consent as well as being active members of society.

The Convention is intended as a human rights instrument with an explicit, social development dimension. It adopts a broad categorization of persons with disabilities and reaffirms that all persons with all types of disabilities must enjoy all human rights and fundamental freedoms. It clarifies and qualifies how all categories of rights apply to persons with disabilities and identifies areas where adaptations have to be made for persons with disabilities to effectively exercise their rights and areas where their rights have been violated, and where protection of rights must be reinforced.

The Convention was negotiated during eight sessions of an Ad Hoc Committee of the General Assembly from 2002 to 2006, making it  the fastest negotiated human rights treaty.

Read the complete text of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities:

http://www.un.org/disabilities/default.asp?id=150

The Senate voted to consider the motion and it passed.

It will be up vote Ratification vote TODAY

Please, PLEASE call your Senators and URGE Them to vote Against this United Nations Bill. Remind them that we ARE a Soveriegn Nation, Independent of any other Nation.

The United States Capital Switchboard Phone Number is:   202-224-3121

OR you can access your Senator's office number by clicking this link:

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/page/senate-contact-info

Views: 825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Done - for Texas, FL and NC and family members living there without internet access

Please use this message if you feel that it is too much to compose your own:

About the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities - A motion to Proceed in the Senate.

As my representative I expect you to recognize and uphold the Soveriegnty of the United States of America and its Independence of any other Nation. To that end I expect you to vote against the United Nations Convention on the Right of persons with Disabilities and its Optional Protocol.

I feel I must remind you that the organization of the United Nations wants to bring the United States into their domination with Arms Control, LOST and Agenda 21. This must NOT happen and I expect you to VOTE AGAINST any infiltration of that organization into the affairs of the United States of America.

We will be watching your vote on this matter.

Here is my response to my senators on the matter:

I am a disabled person, and as my representative I expect you to recognize and uphold the Sovereignty of the United States of America and its Independence from any other Nation. The United Nations has consistently voted against the interests of the United States of America and must not be allowed to diminish our Sovereignty. To that end I expect you to vote against the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and its Optional Protocol. I particularly object to the Convention's ambiguous wording, opening the window for significant abuse of the United State's treasury. Also, I strongly object to having to register as a disabled person with the United Nations. As one who has suffered traumatic brain injury, I am not even registered on any local, state, or national list here in America, nor do I intend to be so listed. I am taking no disability assistance of any kind and I will not take any, ever! Please stop the UN from imposing itself in our nation's affairs, and more particularly, stop the UN from imposing itself into MY affairs!

Seems Obama and his "mafia pals" are signing secret treaties with the UN. against all of our civil rights! So, for those who don't have access to Dirty-Harry { Harry Reid } - here's his contact info.

Harry Reid -- Bruce R. Thompson Courthouse and Federal building 400 South Virginia street Suit 902 RENO Nv. 89501 -- Phone 1-775 / 686-5750 --- FAX - 775- 686-5757...  now.... go get'm !!

Why should Webb and Warner of Virginia bother to vote yes to this when they won't even respond to citizens in Virginia who suffer due to lack of enforcement of US ADA law! What good does it do to pass any law if not enforced? 

Tana.... I agree.  Besides, they wipe their collective butts with our Constitution / laws of the land.

Excuse me senators, but we are an independent and we aren't dependent on any other nations.

Gene.... as long as there are lobbyists / special interests and unions? The America that you and I know may -- may be lost for a very long time. You and many of us here may never see the America we once loved.  THANKS TO THE FAR LEFT COMMUNIST LIBERALS.... and the fake conservatives in DC.

I agree, Our America is lost for the time being, but, all we can do is keep fighting this communist take over of our liberties. God Help Us!

AS a self sufficient double amputee, I feel that the USA laws regarding disabilities is all we need and we DO NOT

need the interference of a disfunctional organisation such as the UN to tell us how to address the problem.

If other countries need new laws or regulations, let them handle that problem on their own. I have travelled

widely in Europe and Southeast Asia and find that these countries need local up grading of facilities but have encounted nothing except courtesy and respect in dealing with accessability issues,

It is time to vote NO on any such bill that would hand American sovereignty over to the despotic UN.  Wake up, citizens!  First Obama calls in the UN to "oversee" our election (which ended up being clearly stolen) and now he wants us to hand over further control with regard to how our nation cares for the disabled such as myself.  We do not need or want the UN dictating how we care for our citizens, lest it end up as in other nations where the vulnerable such as I were annihilated.  Preserve and protect America by telling your representatives to vote NO on this abominable bill!

One of the first things that Hitler did in Germany was register all the the disabled people.  Caregivers were required to fill out paperwork about when they were born, their disability, etc.  Later there were transferred to other facilities and killed/used for experiments.  This was BEFORE Hitler went after the Jews. 

There is that you tube video called "First They Came for the Jews" which reveals the societal need to stick together and speak up for one another before it is too late for all such as what the world saw happen in the days of Nazi Germany.  I do not have a "caregiver" since I am not at this point wheelchair bound.  It makes me absolutely shudder to see what Obama is setting in place as he proceeds to transform my country into something entirely foreign to the nation into which I was born back in the fifties.  One needs go no further than a trip to the Holocaust Museum down in Washington D.C. to witness by film there the absolute horrors to which a group of people were subjected back in the days of WWII just because evil Hitler had no tolerance for their existence - it is the eugenicist mentality at it's height...may God save America from that disaster here! 

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

Political Cartoons by AF BrancoPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

ALERT ALERT

WATCH:  MAGA Beach Bash 2019!

Infowars reporter Millie Weaver goes to the Topless Jeep Event held in Chrystal Beach, Texas to join up with the MAGA Beach Bash 2019!

Like a scene from the dystopian movie Road Warrior, these gasoline driven “deplorable” Trump supporters are ready for Armageddon. [VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED]

Flashback: Massive Panama City Crowd Chants “4 More Years!” As President Trump Takes Stage In Florida (Video)

President Donald Trump held a rally on May 8th in Panama City Beach, Florida.

THOUSANDS of supporters were in attendance including The Gateway Pundit reporter Kristinn Taylor.

When President Trump entered the stadium the crowd started chanting, “Four more years!”

SPECIAL VIDEOS

© 2019   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service