All Discussions Tagged 'washington' (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

ADMIN

It’s Time to Rediscover George Washington’s Greatness

What’s so great about George Washington? I don’t mean this as a rhetorical question, implying that Washington really was not great—as such…

Started by Dee

2 Feb 17, 2015
Reply by Triptolemus

ADMIN

In Washington, 'Austerity' Is a 67% Budget Increase

It is lamentation season for the few financial regulatory agencies that do not have carte-blanche authority to set their own budgets. The…

Started by Dee

4 Feb 12, 2015
Reply by Rev. Christine Richardson

ADMIN

OBAMA FLUBS: GEORGE WASHINGTON LIVED IN THE WHITE HOUSE

Just before the Super Bowl kicked off this weekend, NBC’s Savannah Guthrie visited the White House kitchen for a few words with President…

Started by Dee

30 Feb 8, 2015
Reply by Nate Forrest

ADMIN

New Rep. Ken Buck: Washington Out of Touch With Country

Rep. Ken Buck, the newly elected tea party-leaning Republican from Colorado, finds that Washington politicians seem cutoff from the concer…

Started by Dee

21 Feb 7, 2015
Reply by W

Christian Set to Lose Everything for Refusing to Provide Flowers for Sodomite Union

Christian Set to Lose Everything for Refusing to Provide Flowers for Sodomite Union Posted on January 12, 2015 by Michael Ware — 133 Commen…

Started by kathyet

59 Jan 29, 2015
Reply by Dale Heathman

Loretta Lynch Confirmation Hearing

"We [the Department of Justice] cannot speak to what the average citizen would think." Loretta Lynch Well, it appears another cog divorcin…

Started by Snow Leopard

4 Jan 28, 2015
Reply by Snow Leopard

Support for the 2015 elections, 27th District NJ , State Representative

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/profile/jamesgencarelli

Started by james gencarelli

0 Dec 3, 2014

Do we want to go back ( 16th century ) England In 1688...lets join and solitify against those who suppress

IN 1688 Chief Justice of Kings Bench, instructed the jury that , " anything that shall disturb the government or make mischief  and stir am…

Started by james gencarelli

0 Dec 3, 2014

ADMIN

Push for constitutional convention gathers steam

Rising frustration with Washington and conservative electoral victories across much of the U.S. are feeding a movement in favor of somethi…

Started by Dee

77 Dec 3, 2014
Reply by Michael Jack Stephens

ADMIN

Biden: Middle Class Label Not a Compliment in DC, ‘It Means You’re Not Sophisticated’

Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday that people in Washington don’t think it’s a good thing to be labeled as middle class. Speaking at…

Started by Dee

21 Nov 14, 2014
Reply by Historian

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Steve BreenPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

ALERT ALERT

Joe Biden Talks To The Dead: – He Worked On Paris Climate Deal With Long-Dead Chinese Leader

Former Vice President Joe Biden mistakenly claimed on Monday that he worked on the Paris Climate Accord with former Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping — who died more than 20 years before its signing.

Zach Parkinson  

Joe Biden claimed tonight that he worked with Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping on the Paris Climate Accord.

Except the current Chinese President is Xi Jinping.

Deng Xiapoing left office in 1992 and has been dead for 23 years.

Biden made the gaffe while citing his accomplishments in President Barack Obama’s administration.

“One of the things I’m proudest of is getting passed, getting moved, getting in control of the Paris Climate Accord,” Biden said in a speech at the College of Charleston. “I’m the guy who came back after meeting with Deng Xiaoping and making the case that I believe China will join if we put pressure on them. We got almost 200 nations to join.”

Xiaoping served as the leader of China from 1978 until his retirement in 1992, and passed away in 1997. Xi Jinping, China’s current president, came to power 2013 and signed the country onto the 2016 agreement.

In June 2017, President Trump announced that the U.S. would withdraw from the agreement, stating that accord will “undermine the economy” and “puts [the United States] at a permanent disadvantage.”

In addition to the Xiaoping gaffe, Biden bizarrely declared in a campaign speech that he is a “candidate for the United States Senate” and that people could “vote for the other Biden” if they prefer one of his rivals.

“My name is Joe Biden. I’m a Democratic candidate for the United States Senate. Look me over, if you like what you see, help out. If not, vote for the other Biden,” the 77-year-old said at the First in the South Dinner.

Biden’s confusing comments come as Democrat primary candidates are scheduled to debate in Charleston Tuesday evening. The former vice president faces increasing pressure to give a standout performance as his “firewall” in the Palmetto State crumbles in the face of a surging Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT). The Vermont senator is fresh off a decisive victory in Nevada caucuses on Saturday. Earlier this month, he placed first the New Hampshire primary and won the popular vote in Iowa. In a survey released Monday, the Public Policy Polling outfit said Biden leads South Carolina with 36 percent of support and Sanders is in second at 21 percent.

Hannity: Bernie's beyond gross article

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service