All Discussions Tagged 'Patriotism' (6)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Can we inspire patriotism? Being an American is something we need to learn and understand

Ten years ago I got a crazy idea. It all began when I read Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s amazing poem, “Paul Revere’s Ride.” You probably…

Started by Marilyn Calkins

24 May 22, 2017
Reply by Jea9

America the Afraid

In the famous words penned by Francis Scott Key after witnessing the bombardment of Fort McHenry by Royal Navy ships in Chesapeake Bay duri…

Started by Semper vigilo fortis paratus et

0 Sep 14, 2015

Wake Up America, Liberalism is a Virus Too

Wake up, America! While everyone is up in arms about Ebola, and we must remain vigilant and fight it with all we have, there is another v…

Started by Melony B. DeFord

20 Oct 8, 2014
Reply by RFB_Mod

When Did Patriotism Become unAmerican?

The New York Times recently published an article documenting the funneling of millions of dollars in donations to Washington-based think t…

Started by Melony B. DeFord

51 Sep 15, 2014
Reply by Wayne Henry Braden

Are YOU a "Hypenated-American"?

Folks, I've talked about this in a number of responses over the past several years.  However, I think this is an important issue facing us,…

Started by Benson William Gates III

0 Aug 27, 2013

In one Texas School, Students have the Right to Opt-Out of Reciting the American Pledge of Allegiance . . . but Not the Mexican Pledge; Lawsuit Filed

http://bit.ly/Y38KUg

Started by Thomas More Law Center

0 Feb 27, 2013

RSS

LIGHTER SIDE

Political Cartoons by Steve KelleyPolitical Cartoons by AF Branco

Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel

ALERT ALERT

Florida Sheriff — “I Will Not Enforce Assault Weapons Ban, Neither Will Most Sheriffs”

Dennis Lemma, who is the Sheriff in Central Florida’s Seminole County, told a group of 2nd Amendment activists recently that he would not enforce an assault weapons ban that could soon become Florida law if the “Ban Assault Weapons Now” amendment passes in the Sunshine State.

According to News965, the ban has the following specifications.

The amendment proposed in the state legislature would ban possession of assault weapons, which are defined as “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device.”

Lemma, an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment and a first term sheriff who is running for re-election, said this about whether or not he would enforce such a law.

“It’s not only that I wouldn’t, the majority of sheriffs across the state would not do it,” Lemma said in the video. It’s up to the sheriffs what they are willing to enforce.”

Trump Holds Rally in Milwaukee, WI 1-14-20

© 2020   Created by Steve - Ning Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service